Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tech Page at NY Times

This is one of my favorite sites. Every day I am amazed at the new products and services being developed. The ongoing story of Yahoo and its founder and Microsoft and Ichan etc will end up (I think) as a classic business case at HBS. I thank the NY Times for keeping me informed.

Yahoo grew at "only" 6% last quarter while Google grew at 39%. So called "analysts" (I think the syllable "anal" is the key idea here) contend that the difference in growth rates denotes a crisis at Yahoo. This is yet another example of absurd expectations - expectations rooted in no sense of reality.

When will the government - mainly the SEC - certify analysts (just like traders and brokers are licensed) if analysts can wield so much influence?

No comments:

BlogUpp!